A carefully written creative brief is the foundation for all great advertising campaigns. Its job is to challenge creative teams to bring a single-minded proposition or key message to life in a novel and interesting way.
When gathering information from a client, you should start by documenting the most important business and communication objectives. After that, your focus is on crafting a single-minded proposition that distills all your research and insights into a single idea that seeks to solve a problem. Make it short, surprising, and help your creative team to see ideas immediately.
An ideal template for briefing-in an advertising creative team
The creative brief is the most important document that an ad agency possesses, and without it, you can forget about that Cannes Lions nomination. A great brief will get the brains of a creative team whirring away, and usually contains the following sections:
- Client background
- Target Audience
- Brand voice
- Single-minded proposition
- Execution requirements
- Budget and schedule
We've pre-populated this Milanote template with an example advertising campaign brief to give you an idea of what you might want to include.
Sharing and collaboration is simple in Milanote. Once you've completed your own advertising creative brief template, you can share the board directly with clients.
Why use a Milanote template?
Milanote's public template browser allows immediate access to high-quality pre-formatted boards from expert contributors that help you and your team get started faster.
- Create your own private templates to share with colleagues and speed up common tasks and processes.
- Collect all of your requirements in one place—all your notes, ideas and research side by side.
- Create boards within boards to add as many levels of hierarchy as your project requires.
- Export your boards to linear or layout PDFs, or simply invite clients and stakeholders to collaborate in boards directly.
- Access Milanote across all of your devices through a web browser (native apps coming soon).
- Feel safe—Milanote is a secure and private place for your all of your creative projects.