Taking the initial brief for an SEO campaign is an important step to get right. Capture the right information to drive the right results.
The perfect way to brief-in an SEO team
Taking the initial brief for an SEO campaign is an important step to get right. By asking your client to steer you in the right direction early on, you can help to ensure that your efforts are going to be focused on the right objectives and avoid miscommunication of goals and disappointing results.
An SEO agency brief contains several key elements:
- Overview of the business
- History of the target website
- Objectives for the campaign
- Major competitors
- Target audience
- Budget & opportunities
Gathering this information ahead of time will help you to get started faster, and crucially, to spend time on the right things. To help you get off to the best possible start, we've pre-filled this template with a sample SEO agency brief that you can use to inform your own.
Sharing and collaboration is simple in Milanote. Once you've completed your SEO brief template, you can share the board directly with clients.
Why use a Milanote template?
Milanote's public template browser allows immediate access to high-quality pre-formatted boards from expert contributors that help you and your team get started faster.
- Create your own private templates to share with colleagues and speed up common tasks and processes.
- Collect all of your requirements in one place—all your notes, ideas and research side by side.
- Create boards within boards to add as many levels of hierarchy as your project requires.
- Export your boards to linear or layout PDFs, or simply invite clients and stakeholders to collaborate in boards directly.
- Access Milanote across all of your devices through a web browser (native apps coming soon).
- Feel safe—Milanote is a secure and private place for your all of your creative projects.